WE HEREWITH APPEAL TO THE UNITED NATIONS AND ALL NATIONS:
Bishop of Amboina, Ambon, April 30, 2004
1. To safeguard the rights of the people of Ambon to live in security in this city.
2. To urge the Indonesian Government, particularly the Central Government, to put an end as soon as possible to:
A. All mutual attacking between Muslim and Christian groups
B. All burning and destroying of houses and public facilities.
3. To help in caring for the victims of this violence, especially the refugees whose number is increasing day by day.
4. If the violence cannot be stopped, to help and evacuate those Ambon people that want to live in peace, to places outside Ambon, outside the Moluccas or even outside Indonesia where they can live without fear or disturbance.
5. To pray for the well-being of the citizens of Ambon.
Thus we make public this SOS message. For your kind solidarity with the people of Ambon we are most grateful. May Godís Blessing be upon all of us.